Sous Chef- $40,000 - $50,000 - Tampa, FL
Puff 'n Stuff Catering is looking for a Sous Chef for our Tampa location to assist creating innovative menus and recipes and managing the kitchen activities and staff to achieve the highest level of client satisfaction whilst maintaining profitability.
As a working manager in a high volume Catering Commissary, the Sous Chef ensures perfection from inception through execution while exhibiting exemplary leadership, partnership, creativity and passion in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
Primary Job Functions:
- Communicate with Culinary Team regularly to provide proper direction, clear expectations, performance feedback, and necessary coaching
- Train and supervise the Culinary Team, both in-house and on-site, to ensure the production of high quality foods on a consistent basis, implementing and or maintaining new training procedures to enhance performance of team, and prepare for future promotion opportunities
- Ensure culinary standards, including recipes, and production procedures, are being followed consistently both in-house and on-site ensuring the production of high quality foods.
- Travel to events within the region to provide training, support and quality control for the dispatched culinary teams
- Assist in leading culinary team during Disaster Relief contracts as necessary
- Actively seek out new information to keep current with culinary and seasonal trends, including service and presentation styles
Requisite Skills and Experience:
- A degree in Culinary Arts or a related certification and or
- Minimum 2-4 years of culinary management experience, preferably in high volume, multi-outlet resort, restaurant or food service facility with verifiable progressive career development
- experience in successfully managing and meeting goals as it relates to budgets, labor, team performance, health code and inspections
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Enthusiasm for hospitality industry and culinary innovation
- Proficient with standard technology, including computers, tablets and smart phones, Microsoft Office products with a focus on Excel.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the region and work nights and weekends and some Holidays ; we average 20+ West Coast and Central Florida events per day, peak season 40+ West Coast & Central Florida events
- Solid understanding of Federal, State and local food sanitation regulations
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation available, commensurate with experience and leadership abilities
- Benefits available including health and dental coverage, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid time off
|Posted on||15 May 2019|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|More details (document)|