Lead Event Chef- $15.00 - $17.00/hour - Tampa, FL
Puff 'n Stuff is looking for talented, organized chefs to lead our back of house teams at off-site catering events.
As a Lead Event Chef you would be responsible for managing, leading, and motivating the culinary staff on your event as well as collaborating with the Event Supervisor to ensure service is exception and the event runs on time.
Each day brings different events with unique requirements, so critical thinking and organizational skills are a must -along with the ability to be flexible when necessary in order to exceed our customer's expectations of exceptional service.
Lead Event Chef Basics:
- Supervise on-site culinary team members, verify attendance, and verify uniforms are worn by the team at all times
- Direct unloading and setup of culinary areas and work stations including mobile kitchens
- Demonstrate positive leadership, giving the team feedback and coaching regularly
- Lead your team to prepare, heat, plate and garnish the correct quantities of food in accordance with the event timeline and Special Event Order (SEO)
- Ensure entire team follows safe food handling procedures before, during and after event
- Work with Event Supervisor to make sure all necessary food and equipment you need for the event, listed on the SEO, gets loaded on the truck and off loaded at the end of the night
- Drive to and from the event in the company truck with the Event Supervisor
Lead Event Chef Qualifications:
- 2 years of culinary leadership experience in catering or restaurant, preferably in high volume, upscale environment
- Working knowledge of all cooking techniques including, but not limited to, grilling, roasting, and baking for fish, steak, poultry and pork.
- Proficient with batch, quantity cooking and proper heating, holding and plating techniques.
- Familiar with HACCP and health department guidelines
- Excellent time management skills
- Outstanding attention to detail with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to regularly lift, move, and carry up to 50lbs (each shift will begin with unloading necessary equipment for the day, and end with re-loading)
- Strong leadership and Communication skills. Has a leadership style that is developmental vs. policing, promotes a culture of dialogue, role models values and practices of the company
- Food Handler Certification
- Speak English fluently, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- FL Driver's License and clean driving record
|Posted on||17 Apr 2019|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Hours/Status||Part-time (Hourly Regular)|
|More details (document)|