Pastry Chef $40,000 -$50,000 - Orlando, FL
Puff 'n Stuff Catering is looking for an experienced Pastry Chef to prepare a variety of, breads, miniature and plated desserts, breakfast pastries and other sweet goods. Your skill in baking high quality treats should be matched by your creativity to develop new amazing tastes and recipes.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in culinary arts with a passion for sweet and delicious creations. You must adhere to health and safety standards to provide clients with the best possible serving. The goal is to enhance customer satisfaction so that we can maintain and expand our clientele.
Pastry Chef Responsibilities
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders
- Check quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking and ensure all are in working condition and meet all necessary sanitation levels
- Guide and motivate pastry assistants and bakers to work more efficiently
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Maintain a lean and orderly bake shop and adhere to health and safety standards
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Assists the Executive Chef with menu development associated with pastry.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Creates and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Verifies that regular on-going communication occurs with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognize performance and produce desired results.
Pastry Chef Requirements
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef in a high-volume establishment
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Off Site Catering experience is not required but preferred
- Ability to lead and create new standards for the bake shop while working with all departments and road chefs to enhance and improve end product for the guest and clients
- Organization and leadership skills to ensure a smooth daily operation
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge with self-learning
- In depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation and baking techniques and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten free, sugarless etc.)
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking or relevant field
- Administratively capable of working with Microsoft word, excel, outlook, catering event software ie delphi, caterease ect.
Pastry Chef Desired Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 8 years experience in culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 5 years experience in culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
|Posted on||17 Sep 2019|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Hours/Status||Part-time (Hourly Regular)|
|More details (document)|