Event Supervisor $13.00-$18.00/hour - Tampa, FL
Puff 'n Stuff Catering is looking for Event Supervisors to join our off-site catering team and "passionately perfect life's celebrations".
As an Event Supervisor, you would be responsible for managing, leading, and motivating the staff on your event as well as collaborating with the Lead Event Chef to ensure service is exceptional and the event runs on time.
With events all over the Greater Tampa area you will never have a boring day with us!
Catering Event Supervisor Basics:
- Supervise and motivate service team members on events, verify attendance and ensure uniforms are worn by the team at all times
- Demonstrate positive leadership, giving the team feedback and coaching regularly
- Read the Special Event Order (SEO) to determine what is needed for the event and create a basic plan for the service team
- Drive to and from the event in a Puff 'n Stuff vehicle with the Event Chef
- Work with Event Chef to make sure everything you need for the event, listed on the SEO, gets loaded on the truck and off loaded at the end of the night
- Coordinate unpacking catering supplies, event setup, service during event, event break down and repacking of catering supplies for the service team
- Ensure safe food handling procedures are followed during event
- Evaluate the service during the event and maintain positive guest experience
- Provide top-level customer service and proper etiquette when interacting with guests
Catering Event Supervisor Qualifications:
- 2 years of fine dining experience, preferably in a high volume operation
- 1 year of supervisory, management or organizational leadership experience
- HS degree or equivalent
- Has strong knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in catering/events
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to listen, understand and motivate employees
- Ability to make decisions and find alternative solutions to problems
- Strong time management skills, detail oriented, and able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work in all types of weather - events can be indoors and outdoors
- Ability to regularly lift, move, and carry up to 50lbs (each shift will begin with unloading necessary equipment for the day, and end with re-loading)
- Speak English fluently, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Reliable transportation to and from locations throughout Central Florida
- Clean driving record and ability to drive a small truck
- Must be okay with working in a non-smoking environment
Puff 'n Stuff Catering has been Central Florida's premier full-service catering and events company since 1980, and is now one of the largest of its kind in Florida. Currently serving Central Florida and Florida's West Coast, we're proudly recognized as a national leader in the catering industry!
To experience Puff 'n Stuff Catering, please watch the videos below:
|Posted on||26 Aug 2019|
|Department||Food & Beverage|
|Hours/Status||Part-time (Hourly Regular)|
|More details (document)|